Monday, October 18, 2010

And For Today's Whine: I Want To Wrap My Head in Plastic

I sometimes want to wrap my head in plastic, the really thick, transparent ones, not necessarily to kill myself (although that would be a fun consolation prize), but to block out everything, every stimulus, every noise, every thought, every nagging memory, every infernal bleeping stressor. Yes, yes, all these things all come from inside my head so I would effectively be blocking them from getting out instead of vice versa, but I still want to do it.
When I was a kid I was very amused with the label in a plastic bag that says "This is not a toy". This amusement is matched only by the label on those tiny moisture-absorber packets in packed food that says "Do not eat this". The statement "Do not eat this" is just very inviting in a hissss-don’t-eat-the-apple-hisssss-slither-slither sort of way. (Jan. 18, 2007)

P.S. Now that I have rotated in Toxicology, I now know better and am aware that while eating those moisture-absorber packs might provide some amount of drama, it won't kill you. Embarrass you probably, because really, what the fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment